sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010

My first real note.

Hey, I wrote this a couple of days ago. Hope you like it!

OK, well Spain isn't much foreign to me as USA is but sometimes I feel like I'm lost in an ugly, depressing little world- my school.

I walk through the halls with my friend, listening to her most recent boy problems. "Oh, he doesn't call me..oh, he thinks she's cuter..." I quickly grin and try to make sense to what she is saying. What could possibly be wonderful about dating someone you barely know? I turn around the corner of the hallway and bump in to a girl. She pushes me back, swears and tells me next time I bump in to her she'll beat me up. Wow, nice start to a day. I rush to class. As the science teacher explains the circle of life, people think dirty and make an innocent comment have a double meaning. How do people actually stand gross human beings like them?

It's Monday and everyone is talking about the recent "party". Who got the most drunk, who kissed the longest, who got busted by the police, who stole the cell phone... School day finishes and as I walk to the bus I see people bringing out their cigarettes. A "friend" offers, I blankly stare at her. I told her I didn't smoke, although I felt like saying something like : Why would I want to slowly shorten my life? On the bus, a boy drops his backpack, the pocket opens and the smell of marijuana starts to make me feel dizzy and sick. I wrinkle my nose and the boy just laughs. Yeah, real' funny? Looking out the window I listen to everyone laugh and comment at the most recent trailer to the next R Rated movie. Swearing, a group of people talk about how ugly this girl is, and how fat that boy is. I realize how gossiping comes to them like breathing.

I get home, and lay on my bed. I lay out a big sigh and and I feel safe, I feel welcomed, I feel like myself. I feel God's presence. But that shouldn't be that way. Why only at home? Why not anywhere else?

Over the months going to school this year, same routine same darkness, I've learned that God isn't with you only at home, he's with you everywhere. I've also learned how God can work through your actions, to you it was just being yourself, being polite and kind, but for that person it was the only light they've received-ever. It wonders people why we look happy, why we are happy. Show that person that reason. Being friends with the mean girl might seem nothing to you, but it's everything to her.To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might mean the world. And if people begin to stare because of being nice, then you're on the right track.

It isn't easy going to a school like this, but just remember God is with you. ALWAYS. Being yourself matters. People see the difference.

Let God shine, you don't have to preach, but be yourself- God's Child. Remember: Actions speak louder than words.

Breath through Him

Live through Him.

Shine through Him.


No hay comentarios: